Outside Adventures

We finally made it out to Ramsey Lake to do some ice skating. They only have the pathway open during certain times of the day so we were having a hard time scheduling in a visit. It was the perfect day to go though. It wasn't ridiculously cold, though we did go as the sun was slowly disappearing as dinner time approached.


It was pretty crazy to walk onto the ice because I spent so much time here over the summer when you could go swimming! It was weird to be so far out from the boardwalk.


Science North is in the distance here.


I also didn't expect to see so many Ice Fishing huts on the lake. This one was the closest to the skating path.


This is the marina covered in snow and ice. I wanted to take my skates off and go walking through all the snow on the lake but some areas were blocked off and I didn't want to take any chances.


It was so much fun going skating on the lake. I really hope we can squeeze in at least one more visit before they close it due to thawing. But with the freezing cold temperatures we've had this week, I don't think it'll be happening any time soon.

xo Jen

No comments