Shortbread

Did you have a good Christmas? I can't believe it's over already. I had a fantastic time visiting family in Hamilton. I was completely spoiled and I ate tons of yummy food! Before heading down earlier this week, I did some baking. I brought half of it down to Hamilton to share with my family.

Adam's a huge fan of shortbread. I don't love it, but I do enjoy it in small servings. I made a batch of my Great Grandma's shortbread recipe. The edges were a little too dark for my liking, but Adam insists this batch is one of the best I've made. I guess previous batches have been extra crumbly.



One of my favourite Christmas cookies is Belgium cookies (or Empire cookies) but they take forever to make! There's numerous steps and since I was baking alone, I didn't have the energy to make any. A while back I did see this recipe for Raspberry Almond Shortbread cookies. They sounded super easy and really good. So.... I made them and I want to eat them ALL! They taste like Belgium cookies! This makes sense since it's similar ingredients, but layered differently. I will definitely be making these again. My family loved them as well.



I've promised Adam a few other batches of cookies so I have some baking plans for the next couple of weeks. Plus, I've been buying discounted Christmas M&Ms so they will be used in some recipes in the near future.

We'll have to go on more hikes and finally go skating to help us work off all the sweets that are in our home!
xo Jen

No comments