Outside Adventures

When I heard that wild blueberries were all over Sudbury, I knew we had to go find some! But we didn't know where to start looking and after an Internet search, I didn't find much help. So Adam got some advice from a co-worker and we headed out. We had no idea what to look for. After googling images of blueberry bushes and seeing none, we were close to giving up. But then we looked down. The blueberries were at our ankles!

Heading into a field like this made me a tad scared about meeting a moose or bear (which wouldn't be weird at all in our area). 



Blueberry Picking

We found them!

Blueberry Picking

The wild blueberries are pretty tiny but so yummy!

Blueberry Picking

After searching two different areas and getting attacked by mosquitoes, we ended up with a decent haul.

Blueberry Picking

We ate a lot of the blueberries with yogurt, in our cereal and just by the handful but I decided to make up a cake with some of them too. I threw some blueberries in the white cake mix and then when I made homemade lemon buttercream I added some into the mixer to blend into the frosting. It was so good!

What does one make with a container full of wild blueberries?!? Lemon blueberry cake of course!

A couple of week's ago, we had company up and we finally checked out Science North. It was incredibly cool. We watched a really interesting 4D movie about wild fires and there were lots of live creatures to check out! Spiders and other creepy crawlers, a room filled with butterflies, snakes, turtles, a porcupine, and a beaver.

Science North
Science North

So many beautiful butterflies!

Science North
Science North
Science North

I know this isn't the best photo but I had to show you this adorable turtle. He looks like he has a smile on his face!

Science North

Now that we're heading into Autumn and I'm working, I really want to plan some day trips and activities for the next couple of months. I want to take advantage of the amazing Autumn weather!

xo Jen

No comments